Dr. Gururaj M. Mannari
About Dr. Gururaj M. Mannari
Consultant Surgeon-GI Endoscopist-Laparoscopic Surgeon[email protected]
A Perfectionist by nature & nurtured to be a self made professional; Experienced, dedicated and a workaholic Surgeon; focused career with very conscious efforts to improve with every Surgery. Single headedly brought a small surgical setup to a state – of- the art laparoscopic surgical hospital. Very keenly interested in patients’; their diseases, their psyche, and their lifestyle and critically analyzing each one of them for not only curing them also making them happy. Try to treat them in a holistic manner. Very careful in accepting new concepts of surgery, applying them if found worthy after knowing the micro details and putting them into practice immediately. Age is no barrier to learning though my learning curve is slightly long. Making many professional friends quickly and I strongly believe that Team work is key to success in modern era of surgery. A strong advocate of taking and lending help from various other specialities in Medical & non medical fields. Have a strong desire to lead a professional and academic surgical team. Ethics is strong point; I preach, practice and advocate ethics and lead others to do so.I believe I get good results of surgery because I love surgery and so I enjoy surgery. Money flows when you do what you love; there is no need to work for money. Hospital administration and management is a recently added area of interest and I plan to progress in that area too.
Degrees and Education
MS (GENERAL SURGERY)
Surgical Gastroenterology – Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Diseases
Supra-major Surgeries & Cancer Surgeries
Surgical Critical care
- Worked as a junior specialist Surgeon at SK Hospital Karamsad (then CAM Hospital) from 1987 to 1990.
- Started my own 10 bedded Parimal Nursing home with focus to operate Major and supra major operations to find an edge over others. Endoscopy Clinic was my USP and G. I Surgery was my focus
- Built my own 20 bedded Nursing Home in 1998 with all possible modern facilities, Lower GI endoscopies and Therapeutic endoscopies were added to the endoscopy Clinic. Got trained in Laparoscopy surgery and set up Laparoscopic Operation room .With the help of Visiting and local surgeons mastered the difficult art of laparoscopy. Explored all new fields of Endoscopies, laparoscopy and Open GI surgeries by attending small courses and workshops.
- Super specialty surgeries were gradually added by inviting qualified Visiting surgeons and learning from them by joining them in each of the operations
- Dedicated to learn and develop laparoscopic Hernia operations
- Can Handle supra major surgeries of various specialties
- Interested in Surgical Critical care
- Good Communication skills with patients and fellow members
- Highly interested in teaching junior doctors and other staff
- Frequent updating through internet and its application
- Conduct educational meetings for doctors , every year as a regular part of Hospital activities