Dr. Apurva A. Patel
About Dr. Apurva A. Patel
Consultant Surgeon-GI Endoscopist-Laparoscopic Surgeon[email protected]
An experienced and dynamic professional surgeon. Hard working and sincere surgeon who truly believes that “His work is Worship”. A perfectionist by nature and makes conscious efforts to improve himself with every surgery. He keeps updated with all the latest innovations in the field of surgery. He believes in providing an ethical and comprehensive healthcare to all his patients, by looking at all aspects of the patient care like social, psychological, spiritual and economical, rather than just treating the medical aspect alone. Likes to take leadership initiatives and is a strong advocate of “TEAM EFFORT”, as healthcare is all about working in a team for providing solace to the sufferings of the patient.
Degrees and Education
MS (GENERAL SURGERY)
Surgical Gastroenterology & Cancer Surgeries
Trauma & Emergency
About 14 years of experience in general surgical field. Worked initially for 4 years as a resident doctor in SSG General Hospital, Vadodara, in General surgical department. Here he was exposed to all types of major and minor surgical procedures. He also had a wide exposure in managing all types of cases that come in the emergency department.
Then he worked with Pramukhswami Medical College & Shri Krishna Hospital, Karamsad, for the next 10 years as a consultant general and laparoscopic surgeon. His last post held in the Shri Krishna Hospital was Associate Professor in Surgery. Here he trained the post graduate students of General surgery in performing all types of minor, major, laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeries. He also headed the Trauma & Emergency centre of the same hospital for 5 years.
1. Seminar presentation on “Obesity & Bariatric Surgery” at 452nd Involve Academic Meet at Shree Krishna Hospital, Karamsad, April 2009.
2. Paper presentation on “An Unusual Cause of an Upper GI Bleed – Post Pancreatitis Splenic Artery Pseudoaneurysm” in National Vascular Surgery Conference, held at Baroda, October 2007.
3. Seminar presentation on Retroperitoneal Laparoscopy, at Baroda Surgeon’s Association Academic Meet, February 2006.
4. Case report on “Bleeding soft tissue sarcoma: rare presentation of upper extremity sarcoma”, in The Internet Journal of Surgery, October 2009, Volume 20, Number 2.
5. Case report on “Congenital internal hernia: a rare cause of small bowel obstruction”, in The Internet Journal of Surgery, October 2009, Volume 20, Number 1.