ENT & Head - Neck Surgery
- This department deals with all the kind of diseases of EAR, NOSE & THROAT. Recent advances in clinical knowledge and technology has achieved higher success in this speciality.
- Highly qualified and skilful surgeons with advanced technology instruments make this department a valuable part of the hospital.
- Micro- Ear Surgery and Cochlear Implant Surgery
- Audiology ( Hearing Assesment & Hearing Aids.)
- Vertigo Clinic
The sensation of motion when no motion is occurring relative to earth’s gravity.• Causes:- Inner Ear (75%), Central Nervous System (25%), Psychological rarely,
• Other words used:- Dizziness, Light headedness, Unsteadiness,
• Vertigo is a syndrome with many variable causes.
• Appropriate treatment requires definitive diagnosis.
• Clinical history and necessary tests are required to ensure correct diagnosis.
Correct treatment depends upon correct diagnosis
• Video Nystagmography (VNG):-
Eyes are the windows to the vestibular system. Movements of eyes (Nystagm) in different conditions and automatic analysis of eyes movements leads to correct diagnosis.
• Video Head Impulse test (VHIT):-
The judgment is made on comparison of eye movement to the head movements.
• Vemp (Vestibular Evokes Myogenic Potential):-
Vestibular system is assessed based on response of neck muscle to the sound.
• Electrocochleography (EcochG):-
Inner Ear electrical activity is assessed very accurately and judgment is made according to action potential work patterns.
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Allergy Clinic
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Correction surgery)
- Tonsils and Adenoid surgery
- Micro laryngeal Surgery (Voicebox Surgery)
- Sleep Apnea Surgery.
- Micro Ear Surgery
- Cochlear Implant Surgery
- Audiology & Hearing Aids
- Vertigo Clinic
Now the device and opereation is free of cost in central government scheme.
CORRECT DIAGNOSIS LEADS TO CORRECT TREATMENT.
1. PURE TONE AUDIOMERY:
- A very basic test to know cause and severity of deafness.
2. Impedance Audiometry:
- A specific test to know the middle ear pathology.
3. Behavioural Audiometry:
- For subjective hearing assessment in children.
- Screening test of hearing for infants and children.
- Diagnostic Test of hearing for infants and children.
- For identification of hearing threshold in children.
- Different facilities available include general ward (separate for male & female patients), private – single (with and without AC) & deluxe rooms and suite rooms.
- Fully equipped ICU facilities
- Fully equipped Trauma & Emergency centre
- In house advanced laboratory and radiological services